Beautiful breasts - the dream of every woman, without exception. Let it be not big, but elastic and attractive, seductively looking out from the edge of a decollete. But, unfortunately, dreams do not always coincide with reality, pregnancy, feeding, sudden weight loss after a hard diet, just age-related changes have a negative effect on the skin tone of the breast, and stretch marks are formed on it. What it is, why they appear and how to deal with them - everything is detailed in this article (link to the previous article).
What are stretch marks and where do they come from?
Stretch marks are, in scientific terms, cicatricial changes in the skin of an atrophic nature, refer to a cosmetic defect of the skin. In the people they are often called stria. They can be localized on the calves, thighs, abdomen - and on the chest, there are different lengths, widths and depths. Streamers come in different colors: from whitish to bluish and even purple. In any case, the spectacle is not very aesthetic, although everyone understands that the woman’s fault is not here, stretch marks often become a real problem in relations with the opposite sex, and they simply cause moral discomfort.
Why is this happening? From the point of view of physiology, stretch marks are micro-tears of epidermis tissues. They occur when excessive stretching. Then, when the forms return to their former size, connective tissue forms at the site of the breaks - an ugly scar is obtained. The problem of stretch can face every woman, at any age - even teenagers. Factors provoking this unpleasant phenomenon are:
- a sharp weight gain - for example, during pregnancy or breastfeeding,
- the rapid growth of adolescents during puberty,
- hormonal disorders,
- tough diets, when girls are hungry and quickly lose those extra pounds,
- wrong clothes for large breasts, not enough to support her,
- intense workout in the gym with an overload on the bust muscles,
- injuries and mechanical damage to the chest.
Hereditary predisposition to the formation of stretch marks is also not excluded - if they appeared after giving birth to your mother or sister, then, most likely, sooner or later they will also appear. There are versions that bad habits, in particular, smoking, also affect the appearance of stretch marks. This assumption makes sense, because when smoking occurs, the vessels narrow, the tissues receive insufficient nutrition, therefore, the skin loses its elasticity. It is enough to first add a couple of kilograms, and then lose weight again - and you will see for yourself what your chest will turn into.
It is necessary to begin the fight against stretch marks with the elimination of the cause of their formation and the prevention of further education. Special attention should be paid to such moments:
- Choose a quality, corrective and supporting underwear that does not violate blood circulation and allows the skin to breathe - beautiful lace bras with underwire are now excluded.
- Check hormones - almost all cosmetic defects must be eliminated not only from the outside, but also from the inside. If there is a problem, the doctor will select the appropriate medicines and give all necessary recommendations.
- To give up on hard diets - calcium and proteins must be in the diet, vitamins A, E and C. Iron deficiency also negatively affects the skin condition, therefore it is necessary to donate blood to hemoglobin, and, if necessary, drink a course of iron supplements. And be sure to supplement the diet with red meat, liver, eggs, buckwheat.
- Do sports, but without fanaticism. 2-3 workouts per week are enough, exercises for the chest are included in the complex of exercises.
- Quitting smoking is in any case not harmful.
Sometimes compliance with these rules is already enough to make the skin look much better. But it will take a long time to wait. Accelerate the process will help such methods of getting rid of stretch marks on the chest.
How to remove stretch marks on the chest at home
Before you start saving money for plastic surgery and look for a good clinic, you should try to get rid of the stretch marks on your own at home. The following methods are used for this:
- pharmaceutical preparations
What can modern pharmaceuticals offer against such troubles as ugly stretch marks on the chest? As a rule, these are gels for external use. Do not confuse them with conventional cosmetics - the active ingredients in these preparations are chosen very carefully and act several times more efficiently. The price, respectively, is also higher.
Well-proven popular ointment for sucking scars and postoperative sutures Contratubex. The components of this product stimulate the renewal of epidermal cells and the natural production of collagen. But to get the result, you need to use the ointment every day for at least three months.
The advantage is that this drug is suitable for pregnant and lactating, it is not absorbed through the skin cells into the blood and can not harm the child. The only warning is not to apply the product to the nipple and the area around it.
As an analogue can be used gel Mederma, its effect on the tissue of the epidermis is almost the same. Thank for such a gift you need technologists German pharmaceutical company Merz Pharma. And, of course, it is worth buying vitamins - for example, AEvit. They can be taken orally or capsules can be used to lubricate the skin of the breast. If you take vitamins inside, not only the condition of the breast, but also the skin of the face, hair and nails will improve.
Breast massage against stretch marks
Massage is generally an indispensable procedure for every woman. Even if there are no visible problems with health and appearance, all cosmetologists and doctors in one voice recommend doing it for the prevention and maintenance of tone at least once a week. During the massage the following occurs:
- stimulates blood circulation, cells get more oxygen and nutrients,
- the outflow of lymph, unevenly accumulating between the skin cells, accelerates
- muscles are tightened and toned.
The action of the massage will strengthen the special oil against stretch marks. But if this is not, then you can use wheat germ oil, peach, orange, almond or just olive oil. Massage should be done very carefully, without squeezing excessively the chest.
At home for self-massage is better to use Taoist technique. The chest is wrapped around the bottom of the palm, and then nine rotational movements are performed from the shoulder to the center of the body. Then the chest is covered with a palm and easily pressed. The massage is completed by stroking it clockwise. During a massage, it is important to breathe deeply and evenly. Manual massage is better to entrust to a specialist: if you do it incorrectly, you can overly stretch the skin and even provoke the development of mastopathy, especially if there is a hormonal imbalance.
To find lotions, gels and creams against stretch marks on the breast in cosmetic stores and pharmacies today is not a problem at all - the problem is to choose really good. Which is better? Pay attention to the composition of the funds. Well, if it will be:
- vegetable oils - shea butter, jojoba, olive, coconut, shea nut,
- extracts of medicinal plants - agave, chamomile, calendula, nettle,
- kelp extract - seaweed,
- vitamins B5, A, E,
- hydroxyproline is a substance that stimulates the production of collagen and elastane.
It is better not to spare money and buy quality products from a good manufacturer - for example, Lyrac, Vichy, Sanosan, Mama Comfort. Although many very praise the series against stretch marks from Avon. This is already decided by everyone for himself, how much he is willing to spend on the beauty of his chest.
You can make wraps from algae - dry kelp sold in pharmacies. Immediately after a shower, the breast should be gently rubbed with a soft towel, then apply oil against stretch marks and apply steamed algae. Cover the chest with polyethylene, heat up and leave for an hour.
Exercises from stretch marks on the chest
It is not necessary to visit the fitness center to make the breasts beautiful and elastic. It is possible to perform the minimum complex, which will also be very useful, at home:
- You need to stand facing the wall, put your hands on it and perform 10 pushing movements.
- Then sit on a chair, raise your arms and join your palms at chest level. Forcefully squeeze them five seconds ten times.
- Now you should straighten up, give up and try to minimize the shoulder blades. Hold for a few seconds, relax, repeat ten times.
You can do this exercise every day, even during a break in the workplace - it will take no more than five minutes for the chest to workout.
Modern hardware techniques for stretch removal
There are ladies who are not ready to do daily exercises and lubricate the chest with various means. They also do not want to wait, and therefore they are looking for radical methods of restoring beautiful breast skin. Modern hardware cosmetology offers the following options:
- Radio wave therapy. The chest is affected by high frequency pulses, they penetrate the skin tissue and cause the relaxed collagen fibers to curl again. As a result, the fabrics are tightened and the stretch marks are smoothed. To obtain a visible result, you will need at least three sessions.
- Microcurrent exposure. The principle is about the same. The cells of the skin are affected by a current of small force, due to which all processes are repaired, the cells rejuvenate faster and regenerate. To enhance the effect before starting the procedure, little or vitamin complex is applied against the stretch marks on the skin.
- Laser grinding. The most radical method of removing stretch marks on the chest. The laser beam treats problem areas of the skin - they are micro-damaged, resembling a burn. In response, the body begins to intensively produce collagen, stretch marks are filled with healthy tissues and smoothed.
- Introduction of oxygen-ozone cocktail under the skin. Injections stimulate fat metabolism and destroy fibrous formations, however, improves blood circulation in the tissues. To get the result, you will need at least 8 procedures.
- Microdermabrasion - eliminates even the old stretch marks forever. The top layer of the skin is mechanically polished using a special apparatus and nozzles.
- Mesotherapy. The procedure is to inject a mixture of vitamins and hyaluronic acid under the skin on the chest. Injections activate metabolic processes in the skin tissues, and after three sessions it becomes smoother, more elastic and taut.
- Chemical peel. In this case, an acidic preparation that burns the upper layer of the epidermis is applied to the skin. After some time, he peels off and under it a new skin appears - young, beautiful and elastic.
Choosing a radical method of dealing with stretch marks, you should not rely on the cost of the procedure and not on the advice of friends, but only on the recommendations of the doctor. All procedures have their own contraindications and side effects, require preparation and recovery period. The cost of stretch marks treatment will depend on your region, the type of procedure and the number of sessions required.
11,383 views in total, 3 views today
What are stretch marks
Striae are formed as a result of the replacement of normal structures of the epidermis, fiber with connective tissues. They are preceded by the appearance of microtraumas caused by excessive stretching of the upper layer of the skin. Often the defects are localized in the thighs (on the inner and outer surface), buttocks, abdomen, chest, shoulders (on the inner surface).
Stretch marks are strips of skin up to 5 mm wide, up to 10 cm long. Immediately after the appearance of stretch marks, the color is sometimes bright red, sometimes blue-violet. Over time, they become white, even shiny (mother-of-pearl). Stretch marks of blue and red are penetrated by blood vessels, in such a state they can be significantly influenced by reducing their size. White stretch marks are almost not corrected, over time they become similar to scars. The surface of the stretch marks can sink or even protrude above the rest of the skin. Painful areas do not cause damaged areas.
Causes of stretch marks on the chest
Often striae are formed with sharp significant fluctuations in weight. This may be due to hormonal disruptions or due to rapid changes in body weight. The main reasons for the formation of stretch marks can be represented by three points:
- Excessive stretching of the epidermis.
- Loss of skin elasticity.
- Laxity of the muscular frame (to resist excessive stretching of the tissues, the muscles should be in good shape).
In addition to obese people, stretch marks on the chest can form in the following groups of individuals:
- Teenagers. During puberty, when adolescent girls begin to grow rapidly in adolescent girls, stretch marks can form. This process is due to the fact that the muscles do not have time to increase to support the breast, as a result of which the epidermal tissues are torn.
- Pregnant and lactating women. Many of the fair sex during pregnancy are gaining excess weight, which directly affects breast augmentation, because it consists of adipose tissue. In addition, the mammary gland is prepared for lactation, an abundant supply of nutrients "pours" the breast. Striae after childbirth are formed as a result of tides of milk. In the process of feeding the breast is almost instantly emptied. Such a fluctuation in volume provokes skin strips. After a period of breastfeeding (HB), stretch marks may also appear, since the epidermis does not have time to recover from a breast that has drastically decreased in volume.
- Lose weight. As a result of a sharp deliverance from extra kilograms, young girls and women of more mature age are at risk of crimson-colored striae.
- Athletes. The breast can be significantly reduced in volume due to a sharp decrease in the muscle frame. Such a jump can occur due to the cessation of enhanced sports training.
- Genetically predisposed. Stretch marks can appear in girls due to the fact that from birth they have very thin skin prone to injury. Scientists have proved that the inhabitants of the north are more susceptible to the appearance of this kind of defect than the southerners.
It is possible to prevent the appearance of stretch marks on the chest with the help of the following preventive measures:
- Care. The neckline requires special moisturizing, nourishing care. Products should contain components such as collagen, elastin, natural plant oils. Apply nourishing creams and oils should be regularly. There is also a special cosmetics for the prevention of stretch marks.
- Water balance. To maintain the balance you need to drink at least 2 liters of pure water per day. Dehydrated skin is more easily traumatized.
- Proper nutrition. In the diet should prevail fresh vegetables, fruits, greens.
- Balanced diet. During weight loss, you need to make sure that the weight decreases gradually. Comfortable for the body is considered to be losing weight from 200 g to 1 kg per week, depending on the initial weight.
- Cold and hot shower. This procedure is effective in preventing striae. The shower should start with warm water, and end cool or cold.
- Massage. Mainly according to the method of Garcia, it is not difficult to master it, but regular procedures are a guarantee of healthy skin of the breast.
- Lingerie.Bra should correspond exactly to the size of the breast. The linen should densely surround glands, thus not to press and not rub. Bra in the period of GW should be only from natural fabrics.
- Sport. Improving gymnastics, moderate physical activities at home or in the gym, strengthen tissues. Pick up the sport that you like, it can be Pilates, stretching, swimming or simple morning exercises. It is important to exercise regularly.
- Wraps In this case, mud and algal wraps do well.
Ways to treat stretch marks on the chest
Unfortunately, the treatment of stretch marks is a long and painstaking work. Success depends entirely on the regularity of the events. Recently formed striae at home can be removed with the help of pharmacy or cosmetics, using traditional methods. The latter include the preparation of homemade creams, masks, scrubs, holding wraps. Old stretching with the help of these activities is almost impossible to remove. Salon procedures have been developed for this. Maximum results can be achieved using a range of activities.
The range of salon procedures is very wide, which allows you to choose a technique that most effectively solves the problem of skin defect, depending on the size, depth and age of stretch marks. The procedures are costly, and the principle is true: the older the stretch marks, the more expensive their treatment will be, but this does not mean that it is impossible to find effective techniques in the salon at a reasonable price. Popular procedures for getting rid of striae:
- Wrapping This procedure absorbs tissue directly through the skin. Wrapping can be done at home, but the salon procedure is different in preparation for the application of the product and its composition, which includes a balanced vitamin-mineral complex. The duration of salon wraps is from 30 minutes to an hour. For a noticeable effect, it is necessary to carry out 10-15 procedures.
- Ultrasound exposure. A painless and effective way to get rid of the strips - the usual ultrasound. The procedure improves blood flow in the tissues, accelerates the process of skin regeneration. Ultrasound exposure is effective with young stretch marks.
- Chemical peeling. The procedure is very effective, while costly and painful. With the help of a special chemical composition, the upper layers of the epidermis are burned, the processes of cover regeneration are launched, as a result of which a new smooth skin without striae is formed. This procedure requires long-term rehabilitation.
- Laser peeling. Not less painful procedure, analogue of chemical peeling. The burn is due to the impact of the laser. Opinions of experts in this field were divided into two opposite categories. Some believe that laser peeling is the most effective procedure against stretch marks, others are totally against the effects on the skin in this way. If the stretch is under 5 years old, then it will take 3-5 procedures to get rid of it; if the strip is older, you need about 10 visits to the beauty parlor.
- Microdermabrasion. More gentle, but painful procedure. The impact on the skin is carried out by a stream of air with small hard parts. Due to this effect, surface scrubbing and micro-grinding of the epidermis occurs. The procedure is effective for fresh strips.
- Mesotherapy. It is an injection procedure, during which a composition rich in vitamins and minerals is injected under the skin. Fast desired results can be obtained in combination with other methods, it can be plasma lifting or microcurrents.
- Collagen injections. The procedure compensates for the lack of collagen protein, its small amount is the root cause of the formation of stretch marks.
- Microcurrent therapy. The skin is exposed to current pulses. At the cellular level, the procedure improves blood circulation, increases the metabolic processes, and the tone of tissues. For a visible effect, it is necessary to conduct 8-10 sessions at intervals of one month.
- Ozone therapy. Influence is carried out by the ozone-oxygen mixture. The procedure stimulates blood flow and lipid metabolism. To achieve the desired result, ozone therapy should be carried out once a week. This technique is often recommended to combine with breast massage, using gels and creams at home.
- Surgical intervention. If none of the salon procedures helped to achieve the desired result, experts often recommend surgery. During surgery, the affected areas are removed. Not always such an event is justified. Often, the operation provokes the emergence of new strips. Contraindications for this procedure are very deep striae. In this case, no specialist will undertake to remove stretch marks on the chest.
One of the most effective remedies for stretch marks on the chest is Kontraktubeks gel. It is positioned as a drug to get rid of scars. The main active ingredient of the gel is a liquid onion extract. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic effect. In combination with excipients, Kontraktubex gel has a regenerating property. It counteracts the formation of fibroslasts - connective tissue cells, which prevents the appearance of scars, including stretch marks. The gel has a high efficiency and price.
Well-proven, as a cream for stretch marks on the chest, a tool called Klirvin. This budget pharmacy product has a completely natural herbal composition, among which it (margosa), known for its antiseptic properties, lodhre - struggling with scars and stretch marks, amla (emblica) - contains a large amount of vitamin C, which is necessary for the synthesis of collagen. The cream fights not only with striae, it generally improves skin tone, smoothes and improves its color, relieves acne, acne marks.
The main types of stretch marks
In domestic dermatology, there are 2 main types of stretch marks on the chest:
- "Young" (fresh) striae, whose age does not exceed six months. They are at the stage of inflammation and have a red, purple or brown color. Sometimes a slight tingling or burning sensation may be felt, but most often the stria are painless. During this period, stretch marks have a structure that is different from scars.
- Old striae in the atrophic stage. They are characterized by the formation of dense connective tissue, reduction and deformation of blood vessels, metabolic disorders. Externally stretch marks become whitish. The more time has passed from the formation of striae, the more their structure approaches the cicatricial.
The way to eliminate stretch marks on the chest is chosen depending on their type. Experts recommend using hardware treatment at an early stage of the formation of a skin defect, since old stretch marks cannot practically be completely removed. However, this is not possible in all cases, for example, when breastfeeding, it is necessary to resort to more gentle methods.
Table: the main methods of striae correction depending on their stage
|Period||The method of removing stretch marks|
|Pregnancy and breastfeeding|
|Stage of inflammation (up to 6 months)|
Home remedies for stretch marks
At home, for the prevention and elimination of stretch apply those methods that are listed in the table above for pregnant and lactating mothers. Contrast heat effects can be performed using a bath and sauna. Will be useful and classes in the pool, which also allow you to tighten your chest. With the same purpose, you can wipe the streamers with ice cubes after taking a shower.
It should be noted that local remedies (creams, gels, ointments) must be applied daily for long months. It is recommended to apply them after taking a shower and pre-treatment of the skin with a scrub.
Massage should be combined with the use of softening and nourishing creams and oils. It is performed by 2 methods:
- The classic method, which is carried out according to the following scheme:
- Light circular strokes clockwise.
- Rubbing with your fingertips from the nipple to the base.
- Light tapping through the arm, covering the chest.
- Oscillatory movements from the nipple to the shoulder.
- The massage also ends with circular strokes.
- Chinese technique (manipulations are performed 9 times for 1 reception):
- rotational movement of the arm around the chest,
- pressure in the center of the chest with the palm combined with the exhalation.
Massage not only helps to improve blood circulation and tissue nutrition, but also strengthens the chest muscles. It should be done carefully, without squeezing much mammary glands.
Stretch marks on the chest during pregnancy may appear with regular use of folk or professional cosmetics. In many cases, this indicates internal hormonal changes in a woman’s body and a predisposition to stretch marks. So that after childbirth, they become less noticeable, you need to continue to fight with them.
Scrubs, masks, creams and lotions recipes
Of the base oils used as masks and for massage, use the following:
- sea buckthorn
- wheat germ oil,
- a mixture of the above oils with honey.
From personal experience, I can say that olive oil helped me to get rid of striae. I rubbed it in the skin of the chest in the evenings after a shower. Of course, pajamas were very dirty at the same time, but beauty requires sacrifice. I did not do this procedure every day, as this was not always the case. But after about a year the stretch marks on the chest completely disappeared. Their initial size was about 3 mm in width and up to 3 cm in length.
Essential oils in pure form do not apply. They are added at the rate of 2–5 drops per 1 tbsp. l base oil, mask or finished cream. For these purposes, use the essential oils of such plants as:
- the Rose,
- orange (neroli oil),
- kananga (ylang-ylang oil),
- geranium and others.
Table: masks for stretch marks on the chest
|Mask name||Ingredients||Cooking method|
|Honey and clay|
The oatmeal mask not only softens the skin, but also nourishes it with B vitamins, proteins, trace elements (calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, zinc, and others).
Masks are applied to clean skin for 15–20 minutes, then rinsed with water. When breastfeeding is not recommended to add in their composition odorous substances, since the baby may refuse to breast because of the unusual sharp smell.
Homemade creams must be rubbed daily in stretch marks and surrounding skin. For their preparation using base oils, aloe and mumiyo, which have a regenerating and anti-inflammatory effect. Creams put with the massing movements for half an hour, and then wash off with water.
Table: creams for stretch marks on the chest
|Main component||Ingredients||Cooking method||Storage conditions|
|Mumiyo||In the refrigerator, no more than 1 month.|
|Aloe||In the refrigerator, no more than 1 week.|
|Shea Butter and Coconut Oil||In the refrigerator, no more than 1 month.|
Aloe juice has restorative and anti-inflammatory properties. Exposure of aloe in the refrigerator stimulates a more active production of regenerative substances, which contributes to the rapid healing of tissues.
Instead of fresh leaves of aloe, you can use pharmaceuticals: extract in ampoules for subcutaneous injections or cosmetic oils from this plant (aloe vera Mohani, Deep Steep and others), but they contain preservatives. Aloe juice is also used to make ice cubes, mixing it in equal proportions with water.
It seems to me, other herbs with anti-inflammatory effect can be added to the composition of home remedies for “young” stretch marks on the chest: chamomile, St. John's wort, plantain, calendula. But they need to be stored for long, and it is better to regularly prepare fresh creams, masks and lotions. Aloe has a drying effect, so after using it, it is better to apply a moisturizer to the skin. Another option is to add the juice of the plant to the finished cream.
For delicate skin of the breast, you can only use soft and light scrubs with a fine texture. The use of salt or sugar as the main component is not recommended.
Table: Breast Scrubs
|Scrub name||Ingredients||Cooking method|
|Coffee sour cream||Mix the ingredients.|
|Coffee with mumiyo|
Oat scrub after rubbing can be left on the skin of the breast, using it at the same time as a nourishing mask. Then rinse with warm water.
Use scrubs need in the following order:
- Apply the finished composition on the skin of the breast in circular massaging movements.
- Grind for 10 minutes.
- Wash off the scrub with water.
- Apply a moisturizer or oil.
Lotions applied to the skin of the breast at the end of the procedure or used as an independent means.Keep them in the refrigerator (2 weeks for formulations based on alcohol and 2–3 days for the rest).
Table: recipes for lotion for stretch marks on the chest
|Main ingredient||Components and their quantity||Cooking procedure|
To eliminate stretch marks on the chest, 3 types of wraps are used:
- based on olive oil and aloe.
They can be done in two ways: hot and cold. It is recommended to pre-steam the skin or gently rub it with a soft towel. After applying the nutritional mass, the chest is covered with food film, a bandage, or the procedure is carried out in the supine position in the form of open applications.
Hot wraps can not be carried out in pathologies of the cardiovascular system, during pregnancy, breastfeeding and in acute diseases. It is not recommended to apply the applied tool on the nipples, as in this area of the breast the skin is very sensitive. Do not use ingredients such as hot pepper, mustard as warming ingredients.
The main reasons for the formation of stretch marks on the chest
Doctors call the reasons for the formation of stria several factors. The main one is the hormonal disorder caused by physical restructuring of the body. It is observed:
- during puberty, when the first menstruation occurs,
- during pregnancy, when internal changes occur (stretching of the muscles of the anterior wall of the peritoneum, the increase in mammary glands in size, etc.),
- with a sharp set or weight loss (more than 5 kg during the month),
- with long-term use of hormonal drugs.
Among other reasons for the appearance of stretch marks on the chest, experts note the presence in the patient's history of certain diseases:
- Cushing's syndrome, accompanied by dysfunction of the adrenal glands,
- endocrine system pathology.
In some cases, striae are formed as a result of a flabby muscle frame (with prolonged diets, with a sharp abolition of sports training, etc.).
Stretch marks that appeared after delivery in lactating women are caused by regular rushes of milk to the breasts. This creates a strong load on the chest, as a result, his skin is strongly stretched, sometimes sags. Striae, formed at the end of the period of breastfeeding, caused by a sharp decrease in breast size. Milk does not arrive, but the epidermis simply did not have time to recover, hence the breaks in the tissues.
The most difficult case is considered a genetic predisposition to the formation of stretch marks.. In such people, the skin is different small thickness. Usually it is the inhabitants of the northern countries, where there is little sun and heat.
Streak types and their features
Stretching from a cosmetological point of view is a narrow section of deformed skin, 5–10 cm long, up to 5 mm wide. Depending on the period of appearance and shade there are striae:
- fresh (newly formed), having a rich color, from bright red to bluish-purple,
- old, whitish or pearl-colored.
Fresh stretch marks are easy to adjust.. When measures are taken in time, they are easily reduced in size and become less pronounced. Old striae have much in common with scars and scars. It is not always possible to bring them out completely. To make the strips less noticeable, you have to make a lot of effort.
The principle of the appearance of all types of stretch marks is the same. The skin of the neckline and chest becomes thin, loses moisture, as a result - its elasticity and firmness decrease. Such exhausted skin slowly returns to its original position after stretching due to various factors. Therefore, micro-breaks are inevitable (vessels, tissue fibers). Over time, the tears are tightened, overgrown with connective tissue. On the surface of the skin remains a scar, or stretch. Its coloring depends on whether there are active blood vessels at the site of rupture. If they are, the color of the stretch is bright; if the capillaries are absent, the stretch is light.
How to get rid of them: basic methods of breeding
The human body has a unique self-healing ability. Stretching, which is a gap inside the skin, after a while may disappear. Overgrowth of the gap occurs due to the formation of new layers of connective tissue. However, a slightly noticeable whitish trail that does not tan in the sun, is not masked by tonal means, will remain for a long time.
What can be done at home
Vegetable oils will help to fight with stretch marks on the chest at home:
The oil is applied with a thin layer on cleansed skin of the neckline and is easily rubbed.. Due to the high content of vitamin E skin:
- begins to be actively updated,
- becomes elastic, resilient,
- compensates for the lack of moisture
- gets a beautiful, uniform shade.
It is useful to introduce nuts (walnuts, cashews, etc.), fresh fruits, herbs and seafood (mussels, sea fish, etc.) into the daily diet. It becomes obligatory to use a sufficient volume of liquid (1.5–2 liters of pure water per day).
Daily recommended to take a contrast shower. It will not only restore skin elasticity, but also strengthen the immune system.
You can regularly use special cosmetics for the chest and décolleté (cream, serum with a nourishing, moisturizing, lifting effect). The funds should include:
- vitamins (A, E, etc.),
- amino acids
- hyaluronic acid
- vegetable extracts (from chamomile, horse chestnut, etc.),
- synthesized collagen, elastin,
- essential oils (from wheat germ, tea tree).
An important aspect of the fight against stretch marks is the correct selection of underwear (bodices, bras). On the one hand, the cups should not pinch the vessels, squeeze the mammary glands. On the other - the bodice should tightly clasp the chest, fixing its position.
To make old stretch marks more invisible at home will be helped by regular lubrication with Contractubex (gel against scars). You can also do:
- contrasting compresses (alternately from hot water with salt, and cold with lemon juice),
- half-hour seaweed wraps, pre-infused in hot water,
- rubbing lotions or tonics made from medicinal herbs,
- scrubbing (every 7–10 days), which helps to get rid of dead cells.
To prepare lotion for stretch marks you need:
- 2 tbsp. l boil dried rosemary in 1 liter of water,
- let cool
- then add to the broth 2 tbsp. l lemon juice, 2 tsp. medical alcohol or vodka, 2 tsp. salt.
The lotion is stored in a dark cool place in a glass or ceramic container.
To make a tonic that helps to stretch the chest, take:
- 2 tbsp. l a mixture of dry seeds of dill and lime blossom,
- 0.5 liters of boiling water.
Grass mixture is poured with boiling water, allowed to infuse for about 4 hours, filtered. Apply on the skin without washing, until completely dry.
Essential oils can be added to cosmetic creams at the rate of 3-5 drops per serving in 10 ml of the product. Here are the main types of essential oils:
- Geranium - tones, softens the skin,
- Ylang-Ylang - has a smoothing effect, moisturizes,
- pink - returns elasticity,
- Lavender - prevents aging.
To prepare home scrub, you can mix (optional):
- white or blue clay with coarse sea salt,
- 20% sour cream with coffee grounds.
The scrub is applied to cleansed skin in light circular movements, rubbed on the skin for 5–10 minutes, then rinsed with warm water, and wiped dry with a hard towel. After that it is necessary to apply a quickly absorbed moisturizer.
For pregnant and lactating women, the choice of folk remedies that help with stretch marks in the décolleté area is severely limited. Some components have a pronounced aroma, others are strong allergens. In the period of childbearing and lactation, children's cosmetics, odorless cream, or products with special marks are optimal.
Professional ways and means
Breast massage that can remove stretch marks can be performed in the cabin or at home, having mastered the simple technique of movement. It is better to conduct the first sessions with a qualified masseur, since he is able to accurately calculate the pressure force of the hands and the duration of the course. Movement should be light, clockwise.
To perform the massage, diluted essential oils (cedar, etc.) are used, as well as special creams and mummy. A course of 8–10 procedures is enough to:
- eliminate stagnation of blood in tissues and vessels
- stimulate metabolic processes in the skin,
- improve the oxygen exchange of tissues
- make stretch marks less pronounced.
In beauty parlors and beauty salons they are now offering to reduce stretch marks with the help of various methods, which are selected individually for each client.. The most common and effective ways are:
- ultrasound therapy course,
- chemical peeling
- mesotherapy and the use of ozone mixtures.
The course of wrapping of 10 procedures helps to restore skin elasticity, improves tone, accelerates the healing process of broken walls of blood vessels and capillaries. A cleansing mass is applied to cleansed skin of the neckline (with algae, mud, etc.), distributed in an even layer and wrapped for 30–50 minutes, then washed off.
Microdermabrasion in its essence resembles a home scrub, only a smaller one. The technique has proven itself in the development of fresh stretch marks. Cosmetologists direct the air stream along with the fine abrasive to the problem area of the skin, the particles of which simultaneously:
- remove dead particles of the epidermis,
- perform superficial massage of the skin.
During ultrasound therapy, a massage of the fatty layer under the skin is performed. This effect can not be achieved with a manual massage. Under the action of an ultrasonic signal:
- metabolic processes are accelerated,
- Collagen production is stimulated.
Chemical peeling is used to remove old striae. The skin of the decollete is treated with a mixture of acids, strictly tracking the time of exposure. As a result, keratinized cells are removed on the surface and in the thickness of the skin, there is an accelerated production of collagen.
Mesotherapy and the introduction of ozone mixtures have a lot in common. Under each stretching fine needle injected nutrient saturated with oxygen, vitamins and herbal extracts. Such injections cause the skin to "cheer up", trigger metabolic processes, stimulate cell regeneration.
Regarding laser peeling in the elimination of striations on the chest, which is in great demand, the opinions of experts are divided. Some believe that the laser effect has a detrimental effect on the mammary glands, while others note the high efficiency of the procedure (a noticeable improvement in the skin condition occurs already in the 3-4 session).
How to prevent the appearance of stretch marks
It is much easier to prevent the formation of stretch marks than to remove those already on the body. As preventive measures are used:
- strict weight control,
- balanced diet (the introduction of fresh vegetables and fruits, sufficient protein intake to stimulate the production of collagen, the rejection of sweets and flour products),
- moderate exercise, which includes stretching all the muscles of the body (yoga, pilates, stretching, etc.).
From active sports to prevent stretch marks, push-ups, dumbbell exercises, swimming pool are suitable.
Women in the period of carrying a child and immediately after childbirth are recommended to wear a special bra. He is able to:
- reduce the load on the spine,
- keep breasts in tone, prevent skin sagging.
In addition, you can massage the skin with a hard towel after a shower. It speeds up blood circulation.
The appearance of stretch marks on the chest - a nuisance, but not a final sentence. This phenomenon can be observed both in young girls in puberty, and in young mothers at the end of breastfeeding. It is necessary to fight against stretch marks at the first signs of decay of the skin of the décolleté, starting with the most benign techniques. Simple preventive measures will help prevent striae formation.
Seaweed wraps are made from kelp or spirulina. They can be purchased in the form of powder or tablets. Laminaria is best used as fresh leaves. Algae prepared as follows:
- with hot wrapping, leaves are soaked for half an hour in water heated to a temperature not higher than 70 ° С,
- with the cold process, whole algae are kept in room temperature water for 2 hours,
- when preparing from powder, it is poured with boiling water, stirred until a pasty consistency is obtained and left for 1 hour. Tablets need to pre-knead.
Algal wraps soften and nourish breast skin
Prepared algae applied to the skin of the breast. With a hot wrap, the duration of the procedure is half an hour. To keep the temperature, it is better to lie under a blanket or wrap the chest with a woolen cloth. With a cold wrap, a longer exposure time of 1–1.5 hours is required. After this, the algae should be washed off. Course duration at least - 10 procedures.
The procedure of wrapping the breast with the use of cosmetic mud is carried out similarly to those described above. Dirt is applied to the skin in a thin layer, then wrapped with a film or bandage. You can also perform the procedure in the form of applications. To achieve the best effect, alternate cold and hot wraps. In the latter case, the dirt is heated in a water bath.
Therapeutic mud contains a whole complex of mineral and biologically active substances that nourish the skin of the breast.
The course of mud therapy is 10 procedures. Duration 1 sensation - 30 minutes.
Table: popular cosmetics for stretch marks on the chest
|Name of the means, release form||Main components||The average price for 2018 rubles.|
|Cream for the prevention of stretch marks Mustela 9 months "Special breast care"||1500–1700|
|Cosmetic oil for the prevention and elimination of stretch marks Bio-Oil||500|
|Gel for the prevention of stretch marks Lierac phytolastil||Vegetable complex of the cuff, horsetail, ivy.||1500|
|Ampoule solution for the prevention and correction of stretch marks Lierac phytolastil||Concentrate the above components.||3000|
|Oil for the prevention of stretch marks Weleda||1400|
|Cream for the prevention of stretch marks Galenic Elancyl||1300|
|Cream for the prevention and correction of stretch marks Sanosan||400–500|
|Cream for the prevention and correction of stretch marks Papa Care||200–250|
|Cream for the prevention and correction of stretch marks Mama Comfort||240|
|9 months, cream for the prevention and correction of stretch marks||430–520|
|Viteks cream for stretch marks for pregnant and lactating mothers||200|
|Cream for the prevention and correction of stretch marks Mom and baby||113|
|Oil for the prevention of the formation of stretch marks La-Cree Mama||350|
In my opinion, the effectiveness of the use of cosmetics is individual. On the Internet there are both positive and negative reviews about imported cosmetics. Therefore, I would not overpay for the brand. Plus, the composition of both expensive and cheap funds is almost identical. Most of them are intended only for the prevention of striae. Some manufacturers honestly indicate in the instructions that their products can not completely eliminate the old stretch marks.
Table: Other Pharmaceuticals
|Title||Composition||Nature of impact||Application||Price, rub|
|Ayurvedic cream Klirvin||Prevention and removal of stretch marks during pregnancy||Apply 2 times a day for 3-4 months.||80|
|Gel Kontraktubeks||Anti-inflammatory, regenerating, soothing effect.||Apply 2-3 times a day for 4 weeks.||600–900|
|Emulsion Stretch Marks Bepantol||Anti-inflammatory, soothing effect. Food tissues.||Apply 2 times a day with massaging movements.||900–1300|
|Gels Actovegin and Solcoseryl||Deproteinized hemodic calf blood.||Regenerating effect, improvement of metabolic processes in tissues.||Apply 2-3 times a day.||200–300|
Table: cosmetic procedures for the removal of stretch marks on the chest
|Laser polishing||Controlled superficial burn stimulating collagen and elastin production.||Young stretch marks eliminate for 5 procedures, old ones - for 10. Contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.|
|Fractional photothermolysis||Point thermal effects of a laser beam on the skin. The removal mechanism is the same as in the previous case, but less traumatic.||The effect becomes visible after 3-5 procedures. Contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation. The period of complete recovery of the skin on average is 10 days. To increase the effectiveness of combined with biorevitalization hyaluronic acid.|
|Surface chemical peels||Exposure to acidic substances. There is an alignment of the skin relief.||Median and deep peeling on the neckline can not be done. Contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.|
|Ultrasound exposure||Ultrasonic massage of the surface layers of the epidermis. Improvement of metabolic processes in tissues.||Used to eliminate the "young" striae.|
It is recommended to combine with chemical peels and wraps.
|Radio wave lifting||Due to the high-frequency electrical effects, the processes of collagen and elastin production are launched.||Reduction of stretch marks occurs after 4 treatments, with a cumulative effect over time. Contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.|
|Mesotherapy (biorevitalization)||Subcutaneous administration of preparations containing substances that contribute to the destruction of old collagen fibers and the formation of new ones.||Contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.|
|Ozone therapy||Subcutaneous injection of ozone-oxygen mixture, which stimulates metabolic processes and the destruction of fibrous tissue.||Contraindicated during pregnancy, lactation and menstruation.|
|Microdermabrasion||Sanding the skin with microcrystals contained in a directed stream of air.||Effectively to eliminate the "young" stretch marks. Contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.|
Fractional laser is one of the most effective solutions for stretch removal.
Prevention of stretch marks on the chest
To prevent stretch marks on the chest, the following recommendations should be observed:
- Adhere to a healthy diet, eat more foods that contribute to improving skin elasticity, to abandon rigid diets.
- Regularly moisturize the skin of the breast creams.
- Wear a properly selected bra with a supportive effect.
- Do moderate exercise that strengthens the muscles.
- Stop smoking and other bad habits that affect skin.
- Consume more water.
A diet with the use of seafood, vegetables and fruits reduces the risk of stretch marks
You also need to monitor the weight, not to allow its drastic changes, and for weight loss use special techniques that have a gradual effect.
During pregnancy, I gained a little extra pounds, and almost all the excess weight left after giving birth. Excess weight remained 3-4 kg. There were stretch marks on the chest and on the inner surface of the thighs. Not to say that they looked awful, so I wasn’t complex about stretch marks. But somehow they talked with her friend about this, and she gave me her started box of ampoules Lierac Phytolastil. I had red deep stretch marks, literally in a week they were of a different color and not so noticeable.
During pregnancy I had a sufficient amount of stretch marks. And after giving birth, I decided to go for laser removal. The beautician immediately said that my fresh stretch marks would require 2-3 procedures. And one should not expect any extraterrestrial effect after one procedure. And you can evaluate the effect a month after the procedure. She also said that the discomfort and discomfort will be 40 minutes after the procedure. After reading reviews about lasers, and I must say they are a great many - I chose the Palomar laser. This laser is fractional. I decided to try to make the chest and the outer part of the hips. The redness has gone weeks after 3. And the stretch marks have decreased and decreased.
Lierac Phytolastil Stretch Mark Prevention Gel began to use from the sixteenth week of pregnancy. Since the stomach was not large, and by the end of the term I gained only 14 kg, I had two tubes of 200 ml each. Used on the stomach, thighs and chest. Result: for the entire pregnancy, no new stretch marks appeared on the skin! Other creams, gels for stretch marks are not applied! Naturally watched the food, so as not to gain excess weight. After all, he provokes stretch marks, and not the pregnancy itself!
In the first pregnancy I bought creams for stretch marks, it did not help. In the second, she used only natural oils, as a result, not a single new one. The old ones, of course, have not gone away, but over time they became less noticeable. So, my opinion is that the oils work better, yes, they are absorbed for a very long time, but they really nourish the skin when many creams simply create a film on the surface of the skin.
There are several reasons for the appearance of stretch marks on the chest. The main ones are rapid weight gain, hereditary predisposition and hormonal imbalance. The choice of the method of prevention and elimination of striae is an individual matter. Almost all hardware correction methods are not used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. An important role in the prevention of this skin defect is played by the lifestyle of a woman.