Shugaring - procedure for removing unwanted hair with sugar caramel. To prevent possible problems and complications, as well as to prolong the smooth skin effect, it is important to know what kind of skin care is needed after shugaring, and what to do is strictly prohibited.
Shugaring - sugar caramel depilation
In the bikini area
Irritation of the intimate area after shugaring appears when the procedure is improperly performed or personal hygiene is not followed (improper care after the procedure). Manifested by the formation of red spots in places of hair growth. Irritation may increase if you wear synthetic underwear (thong) after the procedure.
In particularly advanced cases, it is possible to exfoliate, itch, appear inflammations and pustular formations with white contents.
If hot caramel was used for the depilation of the intimate area, burns may occur. This problem is especially relevant if the procedure is performed for the first time and the skin is not yet prepared for possible stress.
With the wrong care after shugaring, hair ingrowth is possible. To prevent this problem, you should follow the recommendations of the beautician after shugaring.
Ingrown hairs after shugaring
You can avoid the above problems if you provide the skin with proper care for the bikini area after shugaring.
After shugaring legs are possible:
- ¾ The appearance of irritation, peeling, allergic rashes. As a rule, this is due to allergic reactions to the ingredients in the paste.
- ¾ Pigment spots on the legs. May occur when non-compliance with the rules of care after depilation (when visiting a tanning salon, sunburn, long stay in direct sunlight).
- ¾ Growing hairs. This problem is rarely seen, but it is possible if you do not pay due attention to the skin and do not conduct sufficient cleansing with a scrub, peeling, hard washcloth.
Competent and comprehensive care after the procedure allows you to avoid the above problems.
In the armpit zone
Armpits may cause problems such as:
- ¾ Burns. Appear if an unprepared skin is applied too hot. Burns after shugaring appear as red spots.
- ¾ Ingrown hairs. This problem is relevant if you do not peel the top cornified layer.
- ¾ Rash, itching. Occur when the body reacts to the constituent components of sugar paste.
- ¾ Inflammatory pustular formations. Occur when improper preparation of the skin before depilation, inadequate care after, the use of low-quality cosmetic products for skin care.
Important! To prevent the above problems, it is not recommended to use antiperspirant-deodorant in the first week after shugaring, to wear tight synthetic underwear that causes friction and diaper rash in the underarm area.
Depilation of hands with sugar paste is used for hard thick dark hairs. Possible negative consequences after the procedure:
- Hair ingrowth Perhaps due to improper depilation, insufficient preliminary preparation of the skin, inappropriate care after shugaring.
- Allergic reactions in the form of redness and rash. Appear with individual intolerance of the individual components that make up the paste.
- Bruises (bruises). They are formed when the blood vessels are located close to the skin surface or when the depilation technique is not properly performed (removing the paste with uncertain, slow movements that stretch the skin and injure them).
To avoid problems with the epidermis, it is important to check with your cosmetologist in advance how to care for your skin before depilation and after shugaring.
What and when it is possible after shugaring
After sugar depilation, there are often questions about what is possible and what cannot be done after shugaring.
What and when you can do after depilation sugar caramel:
- Sunbathing on the beach can be no earlier than 2-3 days after depilation. Sunbathing in the solarium can be in 4-5 days. It is also forbidden to visit the solarium for 2-3 days before depilation, because UV rays can provoke the appearance of pigmentation and inflammation, as a result of which a black dot appears at the places of the removed follicles.
- Bath and sauna. You can visit in 3-4 days after the procedure, when the pores will narrow, and microbes will not fall into the open wounds. When answering the question whether it is possible to go to a sauna or a bath after shugaring, it is important to remember that hot air and excessive sweating can provoke skin irritation, inflammation and acne.
- Swimming in the pool, taking a bath is allowed in 2-3 days. Since the pool is chlorinated, bacteria and viruses can get into the wounds that have not healed after depilation. As a result, white pustular pimple can grow out, hairs grow (antennae on face).
- You can take a shower a day after depilation. Depending on which part of the skin was exposed (face, arm, leg, armpit, bikini area), you should take into account the delicacy of the skin and use a mild detergent that does not dry the dermis for washing. After a shower, be sure to apply a nourishing cream. It is better to check with the cosmetologist in advance whether it is possible to wash in the shower after shugaring, which detergents to use.
- Sea. Often, women try to make depilation before the release (a trip to the sea), so that the skin remains smooth and tender longer.
Important to remember! You can not swim in the sea after shugaring for 2-3 days, otherwise sea salt will cause irritation and flaking, severe itching.
- Sports activities. They can be renewed 2 days after depilation, when the skin is restored, the mouth of the follicular canal closes. Otherwise, sweat secreted during training will cause reddening of the skin, the formation of diaper rash and inflammation.
- Sex (if intimate shugaring was used) is possible 2 days after depilation. So you can avoid problems with skin irritation and the introduction of infection in open wounds.
- Shaving (using depilatory cream) is strongly discouraged, because may cause skin irritation, ingrown hairs and ulcers. Also, after the razor, the female hair will become harder and darker, in the subsequent there will be painful sensations during shugaring.
- It is recommended to clean the skin with a scrub (gentle peeling) 3-4 days after the procedure.
To prevent the appearance of irritations (peeling, pustular acne), it is recommended to consult with a master of shugaring for a condition that you can do after depilation and when.
Funds after shugaring
Care after shugaring is an important event that allows you to keep your skin smooth and tender for a longer period, as well as to avoid negative consequences.
Important! Complete healing of the skin occurs 5-7 days after depilation, at which time it is necessary to use cosmetics.
Home care after shugaring procedure is to use the following cosmetics:
- Lotion with extracts of medicinal plants (arnica, mint, St. John's wort, lavender, ylang-ylang, witch hazel) and fruit acids deeply moisturizes and nourishes damaged skin, allows you to fight with growing hairs, slows hair growth. After the lotion, the hair begins to grow thinner and lighter.
Council For the bikini zone, you need to use salicylic acid lotion, which prevents the development of pathogens, disinfects the skin, stimulates regenerative functions.
- Cream with fruit acids (citric, tartaric, glycolic, etc.). Moisturizing cream that slows down hair growth, fixes the result, gives the skin hydration and deep nourishment, prevents peeling, a feeling of tightness, removes redness.
- Scrub (peeling skatka). It is applied in 3-5 days after depilation, peels off the upper keratinized epithelium. Scrubbing is the best prevention of hair ingrowth. You can use as a ready scrub, and cook yourself. Add to your shower gel a choice of natural ground coffee, finely ground sea salt, crushed berry seeds, sugar, coconut cake (chips).
- Oil nourishes the skin, eliminates dryness and a feeling of tightness. Can be used both independently and as part of the scrub. Shea butter, almond, peach pits, tea tree, lavender, etc. will do.
Careful care with the use of cosmetics helps moisturize, nourish the skin, stimulate regenerative processes.
How to treat the skin
After depilation, it is important to check with your cosmetologist what can be used to treat the skin in order to eliminate the negative effects. For this purpose, medications are used:
- After shugaring cream with allantoin stimulates regenerative functions (healing and restoration of the skin), gently exfoliates the keratinized layer of the epidermis, prevents the formation of keloid scars and ingrown hairs.
- The wound healing cream "Bepanten" accelerates healing, prevents the appearance of inflammation and ingrown hair.
- Alcoholic tincture of calendula (chamomile) has pronounced antiseptic properties, prevents inflammation, formation of ulcers and ingrown hair.
- Heparin ointment allows you to remove bruises and bruises, relieves swelling, relieves pain. How long and how long to use heparin ointment depends on the size of the bruise and the degree of saturation of its color.
- Antiseptics (Miramistin, Chlorhexidine) stimulate cell regeneration, prevent the growth of bacteria and viruses, prevent the formation of the inflammatory process.
Miramistin can be used 6-8 hours after the procedure.
- Salicylic acid is a powerful antiseptic that allows you to deal with ulcers, acne. Especially recommended for use when depilating a bikini area.
Note! What means to use and how much time will be prompted by the master who carried out the depilation, depending on the condition of the skin, individual characteristics, availability of available indications.
Memo cosmetologist and strict adherence to his recommendations that you can not do after shugaring body and deep bikini, allow you to accelerate healing, extend the smoothness of the skin and preserve its softness.
Composition and useful properties of means after shugaring
As part of most of the tools used after shugaring, there are oils (coconut, walnut, tea tree and others). These products perfectly nourish the skin and contribute to its rapid regeneration. In addition, such cosmetics contain substances that slow down the growth of new hair (for example, salicylic acid).
Beauticians are advised to choose those lotions, which include glycerin or menthol. These substances retain moisture well, eliminate itching and prevent skin irritation after the procedure.
Use of drugs
Each cosmetic product is accompanied by detailed instructions that describe all the features of the use of a particular drug. Most skin care lotions and creams after sugar depilation are completely harmless and can only improve the condition of the epidermis, but sometimes they can cause an allergic reaction.
Examine the composition of your chosen skin care product and test for the individual tolerance of its components:
- An hour before depilation, apply a small amount of the drug on the back of the elbow.
- Wait until the product is absorbed.
- If redness, irritation or other ailments appear, wash the treated area with plenty of water and do not use any more cosmetic products. Remember that the reaction may not occur immediately, but within an hour after application.
Instructions for use
After the test for sensitivity to the components of the product should begin treatment of the skin. The first application of the drug should be carried out immediately upon completion of the procedure of sugar depilation. This will allow to disinfect the skin and speed up the process of its healing. The course of the use of such funds is designed for daily care for two to three weeks. Manufacturers of cosmetics for shugaring also produce products that are used once or twice a week to prevent ingrown hair after their removal.
Almost all cosmetics used after shugaring are sold in special bottles with a dispenser or dispenser. Therefore, applying the product is quite easy: you just need to distribute the contents of the bottle over the selected area of skin and wait a bit until the composition is absorbed. For complete drying of the drug usually takes ten to fifteen minutes. In some cases, it may be necessary to rub the device in with light massaging movements, but this option is not allowed immediately after the procedure
Reasons for the use of special tools after depilation sugar really a lot. If at first they are used to cleanse and disinfect the selected area, then in the future daily care can reduce the risk of irritation or ingrown hair. After depilation each remedy moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
Table: review of drugs after shugaring
|Shugaring product||Purpose of use||Mode of application|
|Lotion||The first time is applied immediately upon completion of the procedure in order to disinfect the skin and speed up the process of its healing. Further use is necessary to prevent irritation and ingrown hairs.|
As a rule, all lotions are designed for daily care (1 time per day).
- Apply a small amount of gel scrub to the steamed epidermis.
- Rub the composition with light massaging movements.
- After 2-3 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Scrub the skin no more than 1-2 times a week. Frequent use of cleansing agents can lead to skin depletion, after which they will become susceptible to any external stimuli.
Milk helps moisturize the skin, and cream - its nutrition.
- Apply a small amount of the drug to the selected area (the money obtained from one pressing will be sufficient for distribution over a large area of the skin).
- Light massaging movements rub the composition.
Use means once a day.
- Apply a thin layer of cream on the affected area,
- Wait until the product is absorbed into the skin (you can rub it in slightly).
The cream must be applied 1-2 times a day.
- Distribute the substance over the selected area of skin.
- Do not wash off the composition, as it is very quickly absorbed and leaves no residue on clothing.
- Treat your skin with Miramistin, Chlorhexidine or 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Distribute Baneocin on the market.
Use 3 times a day until the damage is prolonged.
- Apply a small amount of oil to the desired area of skin.
- Slowly rub the product.
- Wait a few minutes until completely absorbed.
Use as a daily skin care.
Shugaring and pregnancy
Shugaring during pregnancy is possible (with the exception of the first trimester), but only after consulting a doctor. It is desirable that before this delicate period, a woman has already done sugar depilation. In this case, the procedure will be less painful. In addition, the danger is minimized if the girl knows in advance about the means that cause her side effects.
Video: is it possible to carry out the procedure during pregnancy
Yes, shugaring is a whole range of actions aimed at improving the appearance and healing of the skin, but I, as a doctor, would not advise carrying out this procedure while carrying a baby. The fact is that during pregnancy many women have a lower pain threshold. Painful sensations during the removal of hair with sugar paste can harm the well-being of the mother and, as a result, the state of the fetus.
How to prevent skin irritation after shugaring
To avoid irritation, it is necessary to treat the debilitated places immediately after the immediate removal of hair. To do this, use a special lotion after shugaring or antiseptics (for example, Miramistin or Chlorhexidine). If the skin appears severe redness, accompanied by itching, you should immediately apply antiseptic or antibacterial drugs. As a rule, use Solcoseryl or treat the skin with salve ointment.
The main condition for the regeneration of the epidermis after the removal of excess vegetation with sugar is its regular moisture. Otherwise, the skin will become dry and begin to peel off, irritation and ingrown hair will appear.
There are rules that must be followed after the procedure:
- During the first twenty-four hours you can not sunbathe in the sun or in the solarium. Ultraviolet rays are able to provoke pigmentation of the not yet restored epidermis.
- During the day it is also forbidden to visit the bath or sauna. The temperature of water and air above 38 ° C adversely affects the skin with open pores - skin inflammation can occur.
- You can not visit the pool in the next three to four days after the procedure. In such a public place, you can easily pick up the infection. Do not forget that the skin is fully restored only 5-7 days after hair removal.
- It is strictly forbidden to play sports in the first twenty-four hours after the procedure. Sweat is the strongest irritant and contributes to the "colonization" of microbes in the open pores.
- It is not recommended to take a bath in the first two days after shugaring. Use a warm shower. It minimizes the contact of water with fragile skin areas.
- The first day after deep depilation in the bikini area is better to abandon intimate intimacy. During sex, direct contact with the treated skin occurs, which can cause itching and irritation.
The use of folk remedies after shugaring
For complex skin care, one should pay attention to the numerous folk remedies used after shugaring as an addition to specialized cosmetics. To prepare a healing cosmetic product against redness and inflammation of the skin in the hair removal zone, it is recommended to mix a few drops of ether with sea buckthorn oil
A decoction of the bark of oak, calendula and chamomile pharmacy perfectly relieves irritation on the skin. To prepare the tool is very simple:
- We mix equal parts of flowers of two plants (for example, calendula and pharmaceutical chamomile).
- Pour 2 tablespoons of phyto mix with a liter of water and set on fire.
- After boiling, reduce the fire to a minimum, cover the composition with a lid and boil for another 15 minutes.
- Pour broth into a separate container and let it stand for 40-50 minutes.
- Strain the composition through a frequent sieve or several layers of gauze.
- We moisten a napkin in the resulting broth and apply to the affected area of skin for 30 minutes 3 times a day.
Cosmetic oils have long been used to moisturize and nourish the epidermis. You can saturate your skin with eucalyptus and tea tree ethers, which are known for their soothing effect. It should be remembered that the concentrates are applied only point.
I use coconut and jojoba oils daily for skin care after removing excess hair with sugar paste. I rub them into the epidermis twice a day after a shower. They perfectly nourish and moisturize the treated areas. Already on day 4, the skin looks healthy and well-groomed. And if the irritation still appeared, use alcohol tincture of calendula. It is sold in almost every pharmacy and is very cheap. It is enough to wipe the inflamed area two or three times within two days.
Most recently, I began to independently carry out the procedure "shugaring" at home. Only here and after shugaring it is necessary to process the skin (necessarily!) In order to avoid irritation and ingrown hair. And in this case, I am helped by lotion 2 in 1 with walnut oil and tea tree extract from Aravia. The lotion is packaged in a white, 160 ml plastic bottle. The lotion has an excellent spray that does not “spit”, but sprays the contents of the bottle with a cloud. The packaging label contains all the necessary information (including composition). Consistency: ordinary water, transparent color. Smell: incredibly pleasant! Of course, there is a perfume, but it is so sweet and “tasty”, even nutty, I would say that it does not bother you at all. I did exactly as indicated on the packaging. But I have enough not 10-15 days, but about 7. Sensations after use are amazing! It happens that any cream / lotion after drying still gets your clothes dirty or gives you unpleasant sensations, as if you smeared your skin with some oil. And this one on clothes does not leave greasy stains. It is immediately absorbed and does not have to wait for a long time, usually it takes about 3 minutes. After use, there is no sensation of stickiness, the skin is more moist and smooth. Copes with irritation. Economically spent, lotion will last for several months. As for hair ingrowth - lotion really struggles with this problem. But I can not say whether he will decide it alone. I usually scrub the skin before depilation, but hairs still grew. And scrubbing + lotion = solving the problem of hair ingrowth. I advise this lotion to all girls! I hope you will like it as much as I do.
After shugaring I take a small amount of coconut oil and lubricate it. Redness passes. Coconut oil is known for its excellent moisturizing properties and helps regenerate and heal the skin.
The lotion after shugaring Cannaan is very good, I always advise his clients and use them myself. It soothes the skin after epilation, removes slight redness, and also protects the open mouth of the follicle from the ingress of bacteria and microbes.
I learned about Start Epil “2 in 1” lotion against ingrown hairs and to slow growth with walnut oil and tea tree extract from a friend. After using absolutely no irritation. The skin is smooth, healthy, silky. Very pleasant to the touch.Lotion really slows down the process of hair growth. Now, after the depilation on the fourth week, the hairs are almost invisible. They have become so thin and light as down. Now I hardly notice them until the next depilation. Not one ingrown hair! They are not at all. I am delighted! Depilation as such has become a pleasant procedure. No pain. Such a feeling that the hairs at times weaker "attached" to the skin and come off almost imperceptibly.
The use of any method of removing unwanted vegetation, including shugaring, can cause certain inconveniences. Be guided by the rules and contraindications to the use of cosmetics and purchase only high-quality products. In this case, you can minimize the likelihood of discomfort and irritation of the skin after sugar depilation.
Skin care after shugaring from A to Z
To avoid unpleasant consequences after shugaring, you must follow some rules and know what you can not do after the procedure. It is also necessary to use the right skin care products. Let us consider in more detail all these subtleties.
With proper skin care, there are no unpleasant consequences after shugaring
What can not be done after the procedure shugaring
Within 12-24 hours after the procedure of sugar depilation is not recommended:
- Walk the pool and swim in the ponds. After hair removal increases the risk of catching an infection. It is necessary to refrain from a shower for at least the next 2–3 hours, and it is better to completely give it up until the next day.
- Visit the bath or sauna, and take a hot bath. High temperature is bad for sensitive skin after the procedure. Most likely, this will cause redness and inflammation.
- Do sport. During exercise, microbes can get into the pores. But if you still perspire, then you need to take a cool shower.
- To visit the solarium and the beach. Ultraviolet can cause pigmentation. Get rid of them later will not be easy. If it is hot outside, it is better not to be under the sun with open legs or arms (in cases when the procedure was performed for these areas of the body). Skin irritation is also possible if ultraviolet rays are applied to it.
- Use deodorant (if you have depilated underarms) and talc. They, getting on the skin, clog up the pores opened after depilation. Suffer one day, otherwise redness and itching can not be avoided.
- Wear tight underwear, especially a thong, if the intimate area has been treated. Thongs “stick” into the skin and rub it, as a result of which the labia can swell, irritation is also likely.
Sex after sugar depilation
After shugaring, the skin should not be rubbed. After depilation of the bikini area, it is not recommended to have sex during the day. Oral caress is also undesirable. When treating other parts of the body, intimacy is allowed if it does not provide for direct contact with the treated skin.
Intimacy after shugaring is possible if the bikini area is not treated.
Can I shave my legs after shugaring
You should not use a razor to remove excess vegetation, if before that you did shugaring. After sugar depilation, hair begins to grow more slowly, but the razor significantly speeds up this process and makes it hard and dark. It is recommended not to shave the legs and other parts of the body until the hair is light and soft. After using the machine, you can remove them with sugar paste. To make a shugaring again, it is enough to wait until the hairs grow to 3-4 millimeters.
Shaving is recommended when hairs become too soft and light.
What means to use after shugaring
Immediately after the depilation procedure is completed, it is necessary to treat the skin with an antiseptic (for example, Chlorhexidine or Miramistin). If you notice irritation on the treated areas, or itchiness bothers you, use Solcoseryl ointment. With excessive dryness or peeling help Panthenol and nourishing creams.
Do not forget to treat the skin with antiseptic before and after the procedure.
On the second or third day after shugaring, it is recommended to use the following products:
- moisturizers, lotions and tonics,
- scrubs for mechanical peeling,
- means against ingrowth of hairs.
After sugar depilation, it is important to restore the skin on the treated areas, so use moisturizers regularly: at least 3 times a day. You can use a cream, lotion or tonic. It perfectly moisturizes coconut oil, which should be applied in small quantities. It also has a healing and healing effect. For particularly sensitive areas (bikini and underarms), use special gels. They not only remove redness, but also cool the skin, eliminating the burning sensation. For example, you can try the gel-comfort after depilation of the bikini zone “Vetka Sakura”. It is inexpensive and helps soften the skin.
Means for skin care in the bikini zone "Sakura Branch" not only removes redness, but also cools the skin
Reviews of the tool "Vetka Sakura"
Gel-comfort after depilation of the bikini zone “Vetka Sakura” from Modum is a low-cost and high-quality skin care product after depilation. Honestly, when I saw this cream in the store, I did not particularly hope that I would like it. I apply this gel to the skin of the legs. Consumed sparingly, not thick and not very liquid, the consistency suits me completely. The smell is pleasant, not sharp. After it the skin is smooth. Irritation does happen, my skin is very sensitive. Though I steam the skin, I do peeling, I use skin care products after depilation, and still there is irritation. In any case, this is the best of all inexpensive creams that I have ever come across. Creme really soothes the skin after depilation and well moisturizes. Quickly absorbed, leaving no stickiness. BUT: does not prevent the formation of ingrown hairs. As a general cream / gel / lotion, etc. can this prevent? Conclusion: an excellent skin care product (not just a bikini) after depilation, which moisturizes the skin well, does not dry it, and leaves no sticky marks. It is inexpensive. I have been using this gel for a long time, everyone is happy. One tube of gel (150 ml) is enough for a long time, it is spent economically. I love this gel for light texture and hydration!
Usually, I am very suspicious of domestic cosmetics, but one day I decided for myself to try to find something good. In the end, I found quite a lot of wonderful products that deserve attention. Among them was this gel-comfort. Advantages of the product: soothes, disinfects, cools, pleasant unobtrusive smell, low cost In general, it performs all that is written on the tube. Perhaps the only drawback is too much chill, as with anti-cellulite products (it says that menthol is a part). I use it wherever a girl’s unwanted hair can be shaved off. And you know, I have already forgotten that it is a placer of blooming red pimples! We definitely became friends with the Sakura Branch, and I think we will remain friends for a long time! Recommend!
To refresh the skin after shugaring, you need to do peeling, but only if you do not have strong irritation. Thanks to the exfoliation of dead cells, rapid recovery of damaged areas is achieved. Also, peeling prevents hair ingrowth. Scrub can be used only on the second day after the procedure. Next, peel the skin once a week. You can pick up a ready body scrub or cook it yourself. Here are a couple of recipes:
- Coconut coffee scrub. Take 1 tbsp. ground coffee, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. salts, 1 /2 Art. coconut oil. The oil must be melted in a water bath, and when it has cooled slightly, add the rest of the ingredients to it. Store the resulting scrub in a plastic container. Coffee and grains of sugar and salt provide exfoliation of dead skin cells, and coconut helps to moisturize.
- Scrub with aloe juice. For the preparation of such funds you will need 2 tbsp. l corn flour and 1 /4 Art. aloe juice Stir the ingredients. This scrub perfectly moisturizes the skin and promotes healing of the skin.
Apply the scrub with light massage movements. Try to act as gently as possible so as not to injure sensitive skin after the procedure.
Body scrub can be easily prepared in your own kitchen
Means against hair ingrowth
For the prevention of ingrowth of hair, use a specially designed means for this. There are excellent lotions from the company Aravia, which not only prevent this problem, but also soothe the skin. They contain mint extract, ylang-ylang oil, fruit acids and other components.
Post-epil Lotion prevents hair ingrowth and soothes skin
Reviews of lotions against ingrown hair from Aravia
And I'm all about the topic of shugaring. Very keen on this procedure, because for me this is the best method of hair removal - not so painful, and with a good result. But even carrying out a shugaring in due form, you can face such a problem as ingrown hair. And I always dreamed about slowing hair growth. Therefore, seeing such a wonderful lotion in the Aravia product range, I decided to try it on myself. I am pleased to introduce you to Aravia Professional 2 in 1 Body Lotion with fruit acids against ingrown hairs and to slow growth. Lotion in a white dispenser bottle. The texture is liquid and oily, without any color. It is absorbed quickly enough without leaving a sticky feeling. Despite the presence of acids in the composition, burning sensation does not occur. Used exactly as the manufacturer said, applied only a day after shugaring. Since I have rather sensitive skin, I decided not to risk it. And acids can cause even more irritation after shugaring. Each time she began to notice that the skin becomes smoother, or something. Apparently, the acids work and regenerate my skin. Due to this, ingrown hair really becomes smaller than it should be. Well, what about slowing hair growth? To achieve a visible result, you should listen to the manufacturer. It is recommended to use the course daily for 10–15 days. So did I. Basically, the hairs start to be peeled off at me 14 days after the depilation. In this case, the hairs appeared after 18 days. 4 days - this is the result, after all. But the expense of course increases. Therefore, this undertaking is postponed until the summer. During the hot period, the extension of the inter-depilation period is more than ever.
My master of depilation has long advised me this product ARAVIA. I also ordered facial care products, but for now, I’ll tell you about ARAVIA Professional, an anti-ingrown hair lotion with lemon extract. In the summer I always go to shugaring. Someone may ask, and what the master herself can not sprinkle it? The master sprinkles, but in order to have the effect of the application, you must constantly use lotion daily. The consistency of the lotion is like ordinary water. And the color is also nothing special to say, but the smell is just delicious, so light. Reminds lemon gum or popular Activia water with lemon flavor. After application on the skin, almost no smell. I believe that this lotion will be useful for any girl, as we all get rid of unwanted hair. I use it after shaving, and after salon shugaring.It is possible to use lotion on all areas: bikini, legs, armpits, etc.
Allergy after shugaring: what to do
After shugaring on the skin, an allergic reaction may occur. It occurs if there is intolerance to sugar or citrus. If you have symptoms of allergies (for example, a rash or severe itching), it is better to refuse from honey depilation in the future. You can take an antihistamine (Diazolin, Claritin). If in a day the situation does not change for the better, it is necessary to consult a dermatologist.
If after shugaring you observe allergy symptoms, then you will most likely have to abandon this method of depilation.
Table: complications after shugaring and ways to deal with them
|Complication||Description||How to eliminate|
|Redness||Most often accompanied by rash and observed after the first session of shugaring. This is due to severe stress on the skin, which has not yet become accustomed to such procedures.||Usually passes by itself on the second or third day.|
|Peeling||If you have dry skin, then peeling is inevitable after sugar depilation.||The day before the procedure, thoroughly moisten the skin. After shugaring, it is also necessary to lubricate the treated areas with cream at least 5 times a day.|
|Bruises||The appearance of small bruises and hematomas after sugar depilation is possible even with the correct procedure. This is usually due to the fact that the vessels of a woman are located very close to the skin surface. Also, the reason may be the ineptitude of the master (for example, if he slowly tears the paste, thereby injuring the skin).||Attach a piece of ice to the bruise or make a cold compress (hold it for 5–10 minutes). Well helps rescuer or other ointment, which has a resolving effect. Apply the preparation with massage movements immediately after the compress.|
|Dark spots||Most often, pigmentation becomes a consequence of improper skin care after depilation with sugar paste.||Use depigmenting cosmetics, they are available in the form of creams and masks. Henceforth, if after shugaring you need to go outside in sunny weather, lubricate your skin with a protective cream.|
|Itching||This rarely happens, and the cause is usually an allergy to sugar paste.||Take an allergy pill.|
|Pain sensations||—||For severe pain after shugaring, you can take an anesthetic. And it is better to take a pill one hour before the procedure.|
|Burn||If the procedure is carried out correctly, it is impossible to get burned with sugar paste. However, when self-preparation means you can get rid of the temperature. You need to check if you are comfortable when applying the paste.||If the burn does appear, do not use scrubs and washcloth in water procedures until it passes. Wear loose cotton underwear. Use a burn ointment (Bepanten or Lifeguard). You can make a mask of cold milk with turmeric and apply it in a thick layer, hold for 15 minutes, then rinse with water.|
|Appearance of the peel||A dried crust usually appears after a burn.||Apply the ointment Solcoseryl, and in the absence of a positive result, consult a doctor for a more accurate diagnosis.|
|Herpes||Doing depilation in the bikini zone, you should understand that you can get genital herpes. Therefore, approach seriously the choice of master and check the conditions of sterility. Also, after shugaring may appear normal herpes, if you have a predisposition to it. The fact is that after depilation, local immunity is reduced, which is why this virus is activated.||If you have symptoms of genital herpes, you must immediately go to the gynecologist. With a predisposition to normal herpes in order to prevent drink Acyclovir a day before the session, and then take the drug for two more days.|
|Thrush||If sterility in the cabin is not observed, you can become infected with thrush.In addition, it is a contraindication to the procedure. Wait for a full recovery before signing up for shugaring. It is also worth remembering that thrush is significantly increased after depilation due to stress on the body.||Consult a gynecologist.|
|Folliculitis||After shugaring, inflammation of the hair follicles can be observed. The problem is often accompanied by the appearance of pus content.||If you notice pustules, consult a dermatologist. He will prescribe a course of treatment with antibacterial drugs.|
|Black dots||Black spots that appear on the skin after shugaring are ingrown hairs. If the hair is not completely removed, it grows inward, which can cause irritation and itching. If there are too many, consider changing your depilation method.||You can remove the black point with tweezers, which must be sanitized beforehand. Gently hook the hair and carefully remove. Do not squeeze the black points with nails, so you can bring infection.|
|Seals||The result of hair ingrowth can also be the appearance of dense "bumps" under the skin.||Try a couple of days to smear the seal with aloe juice and watch. If the "lump" does not resolve, consult a doctor.|
|Blood dew||Blood dew usually occurs during the procedure itself or immediately after it. Most often the appearance of tiny droplets of blood is due to the fact that a woman has too large hair follicles and they are located close to the capillaries. In this case, after 2-3 sessions of shugaring of blood dew, is no longer observed, since the hair becomes thinner, as does its root.||When blood spots appear, treat Chlorhexidine skin using a piece of cotton.|
Melanogel cream from Mesoestetic will help get rid of age spots that have arisen after shugaring
How to slow hair growth after shugaring
After the shugaring procedure, the hair growth rate depends on the treated area:
- The fastest new vegetation appears in the armpits - on average a week later.
- In the bikini zone, the hair growth process is activated after 14 days.
- The legs and arms remain the longest for 3-4 weeks.
Purchased products to slow hair growth
To maximize the smoothness effect, you can use special inhibiting agents, which are usually available in the form of creams. They contain components that care for the skin and help slow hair growth. They gradually become weaker and lighter, that is, almost imperceptible. The composition of hair growth inhibitors often includes almond or walnut oil, as well as soy milk.
One of the options for the purchase of products for slowing hair growth - Ayuna cream-gel
Review on Ayun Hair Growth Inhibitor Cream
Hair growth inhibitor with walnut and aloe vera, Ayun company. He soothes the skin perfectly. With regular use, hair does grow a little slower. The gap between the depilation procedures really increases, but not by 1.5–2 weeks, as the manufacturer promises, but by several days. But regularity is important here, if you use it occasionally, the hair will grow just as it grew ... For the fact that the period of smoothness of the skin is not prolonged for the promised 1.5-2 weeks, I will remove 1 point. Cream deserves attention, I recommend to buy.
Home remedies to slow hair growth
To slow down the growth rate of hair is not necessarily buy special creams and gels, you can use home remedies. The effect will not be as noticeable, but they are safer to use.
Here are two ways to slow hair growth at home:
- Lotion with oil and iodine. Mix 5 grams of castor oil, 40 grams of alcohol and 1.5 grams of iodine.The resulting lotion wipe the skin where you need to slow down the growth of hairs, twice a day.
- The use of essential oils. Prepare a small amount of base oil (almond or jojoba), add a couple of drops of tea tree ether to it. Treat the skin after depilation 3 times a week, applying oil with massage movements.
To achieve a good result, it is important to use the funds regularly.
Tea tree oil helps slow hair growth after depilation
Reviews about skin care after shugaring
Since I am on maternity leave, all the procedures for self-care had to be transferred to the house. Or rather learn to do everything herself. So the question came to the depilation, or rather, to the procedure of shugaring. Due to my inexperience, I decided to neglect the means before and after depilation. After the second procedure, I realized that I could not do without them. Since the skin was terribly peeling, it can be said it fell off in pieces .. And I purchased this wonderful cream “after” (Gloria cream after shugaring). The cream moisturizes very well; immediately after the first application, the skin no longer peels off. It is difficult for me to judge the naturalness of the composition, since in this I do not understand anything. But the cream does not have any "chemical" perfume fragrances. In general, the cream is recommended, without it anywhere!
This time I’ll tell you about Aravia Start Epil 2-in-1 Lotion with walnut oil and tea tree extract. Lotion, 160 ml tube. We use 2-in-1 lotion after a shugaring procedure for two weeks. It is desirable to use it, because it intensively softens the skin, exfoliates the upper stratum corneum, reduces the risk of hair ingrowth, and slows hair growth. Included in the Start Epil Lotion is a walnut extract and tea tree oil that act on the follicles, thereby weakening the hair follicle. Unwanted hairs become thin and weak, and therefore less visible on the body. This lotion smells like green tea, it absorbs quickly enough (within 1-2 minutes). After applying it, the skin is more moist and well-groomed. If you use this lotion for the time indicated above, shugaring will have to be done less and less - this is also a huge plus. Very good remedy for your favorite Arabia. Of course, I recommend!
Follow all the recommendations after the procedure of shugaring - and you will be not only beautiful, but also healthy. And others will tire to admire your perfectly smooth skin.
What problems may arise
Like other methods of removing unwanted hair, with insufficient compliance with the rules of the procedure, shugaring may cause some problems.
- Peeling skin. May occur due to improper skin care after the procedure. To avoid this, it is necessary to disinfect and moisturize the skin in a timely manner, it is also possible to use special medical preparations.
- Ingrown hairs More often occur after shugaring, conducted independently, at home. If there is no inflammation, it is enough to spend a light peeling with the use of scrub. The skin should be steamed. If the appearance of hair is complicated by irritation, before peeling it. taken off with a conventional acne treatment. When positioning the hairs very deep under the skin, they are removed with tweezers.
- All hairs are not removed. This problem may occur if the hair during the depilation were shorter than 4-5 mm or when applying an insufficiently prepared paste.
- Pimples The most frequent complication after the procedure. Chamomile decoctions or trainings, honey on the skin, application of sunburn remedy (Panthenol) will help to eliminate irritation.
What and how can be after shugaring
Is it possible to sunbathe after shugaring, go to the pool or play sports? Quite natural the desire of every woman to demonstrate her ideal skin on the beach, in the gym or in the pool as quickly as possible.
But how safe is it right after the procedure and how soon can you go back to your favorite activities?
Sunbathing on the beach and in the solarium
Many women make shugaring before going on vacation at sea.In these cases, you must remember that you can sunbathe at least 2 days after hair removal.
UV rays have a negative effect on the skin.causing inflammation and pigmentation. There is a great risk that the tan will not be even, and at the place of the removed hairs there will appear ugly black dots.
It is also undesirable to go to the beach or to the solarium 1-2 days before the depilation.. Sun exposure can have a negative effect on shugaring and give unpredictable results.
Even if being under the sun was a few days before depilation, after the procedure is required process the skin with a special lotion or cream.
Hike to the bath or sauna
Staying in a bath or sauna is directly related to the effects on the body of high temperatures. When this occurs, the expansion of the pores, the active secretion of sweat.
These processes, generally positive for the epidermis, are undesirable after the shugaring procedure, since slight redness or slight irritation persists on the skinwhich may intensify.
A visit and a long stay in the sauna or bath during the first hours after depilation inevitably leads to severe irritation and even burns. Therefore, a trip to such places can be planned. no earlier than 2-3 days after depilation.
Beauticians do not recommend taking a shower immediately after depilation, since even minor infections can lead to irritation, inflammation and pustular rash. Leftover pasta is removed with a special lotion.
In the future, when taking a shower, you can not rub the skin with a sponge or use antibacterial soap, which overdries the skin.
Immediately after shugaring baths and swimming pool are not recommended, especially public. Restrictions on such procedures are approximately 1-2 days.
Going to the gym earlier than 24 hours after depilation is not a sensible decision. Any kind of sport involves significant physical activity, which leads to intense sweating.
No matter how carefully a shugaring procedure is performed, she leaves behind microscopic sores. Sweat leads to irritation.
After a day, when the epidermis is restored, exercise and other physical activities will be completely safe.
If shugaring procedure is done regularly, hair growth gradually slows down. They become brittle and brittle. But many women are worried about the appearance of individual hairs while the next session is still far away.
Usually, the first hairs are noticeable after a week, and in the bikini area in 12-14 days. The desire to get rid of them makes the girls take up a razor.
Beauticians warn: Shaving hair or removing them with depilatory cream between shugaring sessions is highly undesirable. These products make hair thicker and thicker, while shugaring paste leads to its gradual thinning.
In this video, you will learn how to care for your skin before and after shugaring, as well as about the problem of ingrown hairs after sugar epilation.
Slower hair growth
To solve the problem of rapid hair growth can be achieved by applying inhibitor creams that slow down hair growth. They include extracts of lemon, walnut, aloe, chamomile.
You can slow down hair growth using applications of turmeric and water, a mixture of lemon juice and sugar, essential oils of mint or tea tree. These components not only inhibit hair growth, but also nourish the skin with beneficial substances.
We remove the remains of pasta
The first thing to do after the procedure is to get rid of the remains of the paste on the skin. Make it better to take a warm shower without soap, foam, gels and other detergents.
note: Water in the shower should be just warm, and in no case not hot. Also, do not resort to the use of washcloths, brushes for washing.
If you did the procedure in the salon, you will either be offered to take a shower, or they will cleanse the skin with the help of wet wipes and towels.
Next, the cleaned skin at the sites of shugaring must be treated with a disinfectant - chlorhexidine or miramistin. These funds are freely available sold in pharmacies. Widely used in medicine for the treatment of mucous membranes (and even open wounds).
note: Disinfectants should not contain alcohol, as it will cause a burning sensation, dry out the skin, and may also increase irritation.
The next stage of skin care after shugaring - relieving irritation, because the skin is quite irritated, and reddening may be visible. For this wizard usually resort to using antiseptics.
Classic antiseptic options - aloe vera creams and gelsWell, the most radical means - ointment "Rescuer».
Panthenol (if you use it immediately after depilation) perfectly prevents the appearance of any irritation and redness. Simply apply your chosen product on the skin and let it soak.
Skin care for the first 3 days
- Be sure to take care of comfortable clothing and underwear made from natural fabrics. It should in no case squeeze and rub the places of the shugaring,
- Eliminate excessive physical activity, since this will contribute to increased sweating and, accordingly, skin irritation,
- Refuse to visit baths, saunas, tanning salons, beaches, swimming pools and other similar procedures that have an active effect on the skin,
- Deodorant in the first 3-4 days is better to replace with baby powder,
- 2-3 days after shugaring start using lotions or tonic from ingrown hair,
- Be sure to moisturize the skin at least 2-3 times a day with a special soothing cream. You can include the use of special agents against hair growth,
- After 3-4 days after the completion of hair removal, experts recommend to clean the skin with a scrub to prevent ingrown hair (the peeling procedure can be used regularly once a week),
- After shugaring a deep bikini, it is desirable to sleep without underwear for several days,
- Also until complete recovery is contraindicated intake of a hot bath.
Warn hair ingrowth after shugaring
3-4 days after shugaring need neatly process the skin at the sites of epilation scrub. Such a straightforward procedure allows reduce the risk of hair ingrowth in the upper layers of the dermis. Further, for the prevention of the wizard recommend scrabble once a week.
If the ingrown hair already exists, then on the second day after shugaring it is necessary to apply a cream with AHA-acids once a day. It can also be a lotion with lemon extract, which contains not only fruit acids, but also salicylic acid, which will relieve inflammation.
These funds are applied on the second day after shugaring, gently so as not to get on the mucous membranes.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in ensuring proper skin care after shugaring. After reading our article, we hope you will not make mistakes that could lead to unpleasant consequences.
Ask questions, share your experiences in the comments. Thank you all for reading!
What not to do after shugaring deep bikini
Sun and solarium. If shugaring is done to stay on the beach, then remember that you can only appear in the sun in a naked form two days after the procedure. Do not rush to also run a tan in the solarium. Ultraviolet rays are contraindicated two days before and after sugar depilation.UV radiation causes inflammation and pigmentation, black dots may appear at the site of the hair removed.
Sauna and bath. Wait two days and only then go steam. If you go to the bath immediately after the hair removal, active perspiration will cause irritation and acne - it is even possible to get burned.
Pool and bath. It is forbidden to swim in the pool, go to the shower and take a bath on the first day after shugaring. Otherwise, pustular eruptions will appear on the skin that will last for a long time.
Sea. Remember that the water in the sea is very salty. After shugaring, you will have to wait two days, and then just bathe, otherwise salt will corrode delicate skin and give one irritation to the skin and its owner, rather than long-awaited bliss.
Fitness.Sport is possible after two days, when the epidermis after shugaring fully recovers and sweat released during physical exertion does not provoke diaper rash and redness of the skin.
Razor and depilatory cream. The hairs in the bikini area do not grow as fast as on the legs or in the armpits, so they will become visible only after two weeks. Before the shugaring session is still far away, and I want to remove the hairs. Razor and depilatory cream will be the worst solution. The use of these tools will lead to irritation and the appearance of pustules, because thick and coarse hair will grow. Be patient until your next visit to the salon, pick up clothes or more closed linen. If individual hairs interfere so much, pull it out using tweezers. Ingrown hair is easy to remove using a thin sewing needle. Treat the needle with alcohol, thread into the loop of the ingrown hair and gently pull up. Be sure to disinfect alcohol, Miramistin or Chlorhexidine cotton pad, needle and skin.
How to care for a bikini area after shugaring
For three days after the procedure, use an antiseptic. Wear loose clothes. Do not rub the skin with a washcloth and do not wash it with soap, it will cause flaking of the skin.
Wash the intimate area with infusion of chamomile, if you need to reduce inflammation, apply a thin layer of Boro Plus cream.
Specialists in shugaring recommend to abstain from sex, until the epidermal layer is restored, wait two days.
Apply inhibitors and blockers every day to slow down hair growth.
One day after shugaring, start applying cream with natural ingredients: ylang-ylang, shea butter, chamomile. Choose a remedy that includes allantoin. This substance stimulates the separation of dead cells, has a keratolytic effect, levels the surface of the stratum corneum, accelerates the healing and restoration of the skin, synthesizes collagen, and also prevents the formation of keloid scars, contributing to the formation of smooth skin.
The cream has an ultra-light texture, so it is completely absorbed by the skin, removes discomfort after depilation, and restores the acid-base balance of the skin.
Inhibitors that inhibit hair growth
With the advent of hair growth inhibitors, depilation has become a complete procedure. Inhibitors are drugs that affect hair growth. Their role in cosmetics is to slow down the division of follicle cells, slow down active hair growth, making their structure thinner, increase the time interval between depilation procedures. It is a concentrate of active substances of natural and chemical origin, which weakens the hair and its color. Active ingredient of natural origin.
Often, these products are based on arnica, witch hazel, and Hypericum, so if you are not allergic to these plants, then you should not be afraid of using lotions that slow down hair growth. The drug does not go beyond the bulbs, remaining on the surface layer of the skin, which means it works like a regular cosmetic milk or cream.
It is necessary to apply means already on the second day after a shugaring.First spray the solution, and then, using a cotton pad, rub into the skin. Pay attention to the texture of the drug. Inhibitors are best absorbed in the form of sprays.
To care for the bikini area, opt for lotion with natural extracts of arnica or lemon. And necessarily the drug should include salicylic acid. Salicylic acid dissolves microbial proteins, destroys bacteria and disinfects the skin, enhances the antimicrobial protection of the skin and suppresses inflammation.
Inhibitor lotion can be made independently. The following natural products are also beneficial for the skin:
Walnut Walnut Tincture
How to cook. Place the shell of walnut shells and partitions in a dark glass container and cover with alcohol (the liquid must completely cover the contents). Close tightly and let stand for 2 weeks in a dark place.
How to use. Before use, pour a little tincture and re-seal the container tightly. Before you apply the composition to the skin, dilute it with boiled water at the rate of 4 parts of tincture and 1.5 parts of water. Lubricate the skin with a mixture immediately after depilation. And one more time per day in the next 2 days after it.
This tool will not only help to increase the time between the depilation procedures, but also relieve irritation and prevent inflammation on the skin. Indeed, in its composition oils of mint, lavender and tea tree, have a calming and antibacterial effect.
How to cook. Mix to 5 tbsp. apricot oil 5 drops of mint and lavender essential oil. Add 20 drops of tea tree essential oil. Store the mixture in a tightly closed, dark glass container at room temperature.
How to use. Use the tool immediately after depilation. Then three times a week every other day. Be careful with this method if you are prone to allergies: skin can react to essential oils.
How to cook. Mix 50 ml of lavender hydrolate with 1 g of papain. Then, while stirring, add a little guar gum to thicken the mixture. (All ingredients can be purchased in special stores and on sites for lovers of homemade cosmetics). In the mixture add 5 drops of turmeric essential oil.
How to use. Mix the skin immediately after depilation. Then apply lotion on the skin over the next 3 days, 2 times a day.
Usually, a problem with ingrown hairs appears on the 4th or 5th day after depilation. Fruit acid remedy will be a skin rescue. Glycolic, tartaric, citric acids, which are part of the cream, will gently exfoliate the horny layer, eliminating hyperkeratosis, removing inflammation. The cream is needed for those who are sure that after depilation some hairs will grow. Usually, if you use an inhibitor and scrub, the need for a cream is minimal.
Scrubs after shugaring
Scrub after depilation is needed in order to renew the skin and release thin, barely penetrating hairs on the skin surface, to prevent their ingrowth. The tool consists of abrasive particles: crushed seeds of berries or fruits, sugar crystals or salt, ground coffee. Sugar and salt scrubs are suitable for the bikini area. The rest are intended for use on the legs and arms.
Attention! Scrubbing is carried out once a week and only if there are no rashes and irritation. The treatment will make the skin smooth and radiant. Spend a light peeling using a soft scrub, pre-raspariv skin. If there are pockets of inflammation, then apply a baby cream with chamomile or Bepanten ointment and only after healing, apply a skin scrub.
Massaging with gentle movements apply to the skin until the granules completely dissolve. Pay attention to the composition of the scrub.Shea butter, almond and peach, vitamin E - all these are necessary components of the scrub for the intimate zone.
The peculiarity of almond oil is that it is very nutritious and light in structure. It consists of unsaturated fatty acids (omega-6 and omega-9), which helps protect the mantle of young and healthy skin, speeds up the healing process, nourishes, softens, and is suitable for the care of sensitive skin.
The terpene alcohols that make up Shea butter, fight inflammation, inhibit the growth of free radicals, help maintain skin elasticity. Shea butter nourishes, moisturizes. But the effect is achieved an hour after application to the skin and lasts seven hours. At this time, the aging process of the skin slows down, microcirculation improves, cellular renewal is stimulated.
Vitamin E is a small molecule that easily penetrates the stratum corneum and actively affects the structure. In the scrub, vitamin E is needed in order to protect the skin lipid molecules from damage, to maintain the integrity of the lipid components of the skin's protective mantle. Intensify the synthesis of collagen and elastin, restore the hydro-balance of the skin, get rid of dryness and flaking.
If you do not believe the labels on the media, then try to make a scrub yourself. To do this, you will need: 1-2 drops of an oily form of vitamin E, two tablespoons of fine sea salt or medium ground coffee, a half of a coffee spoon of cinnamon, 2-3 drops of cosmetic oil of lemon, grape seed or peach. Stir the ingredients and apply on very moist skin. Perform peeling in a circular motion and rinse with warm water.
Intimate skin areas are very sensitive and susceptible to chemicals, coarse abrasives, alcohol-based lotions, especially after depilation. Cosmetologists urge not to experiment with food and concentrated essential oils. Use ready-made sprays, creams, creams, scrubs proven brands specializing in products for depilation. All products are purposefully designed for daily care at home and are intended exclusively for use after the shugaring procedure of the deep bikini area. Professional products will help to maintain healthy skin until the next visit to the beauty salon.
The use of photos and text materials is possible only with the written consent of the copyright holder.
This site is for informational purposes only and under no circumstances is not a public offer defined by art. 437 (2) of the Civil Code. For more information about the cost of goods and services, please contact the administrators of the beauty salon "Harlequin".
For information on the possibility of payment for services with plastic cards, check with the salon administrator.
General recommendations after sugar hair removal
Any kind of epilation is a stress for the skin. After pulling out the hairs, the follicles open, and any infection can easily penetrate inside.
Ignoring the recommendations and rules after the shugaring procedure can be fraught with the appearance of inflammatory processes, irritations and skin rashes, along with unpleasant and painful sensations.
At this time, the affected skin requires careful care.
Remember that you can not do after shugaring in the first few days, and what procedures are needed - and the negative consequences will bypass you:
- At least three times a day, you should moisten the pro-epilated areas with a special soothing cream.
- After 3-4 days at the end of the hair removal, experts recommend clearing the skin with a scrub to prevent hair ingrowth (the peeling procedure can be used regularly once a week).
- After shugaring, you can enable the use of special agents against hair growth.
- Proepilated zones should not be subjected to friction and other mechanical damage (this is especially true for the sensitive bikini area).
- Avoid hard washcloths in the early days of post-epilation care.
- After removing the vegetation in the intimate areas for a few days, make a choice in favor of free linen from natural fabrics.
- A negative effect on sugar-treated skin and various cosmetics.
- After epilation of the armpits, stop using deodorant for a few days (its excellent alternative is talc or baby powder).
- The correct recipe for shugaring pasta at home. Ensure a safe and inexpensive procedure.
- Consider ready-made shugaring pastes from famous brands. All information on the link.
Sunburn (in the sun, in solarium)
During the first days after shugaring it is strictly forbidden to sunbathe in salyaria. Also, you can not appear in the sun with open proepilirovannymi areas.
Ultraviolet can cause the appearance of pigment spots, from which it will be extremely difficult to get rid of in the future. In addition, on skin weakened after epilation under the action of ultraviolet radiation, irritation may occur.
For these reasons, it is recommended to go under the scorching sun, after having smeared the vulnerable spots with a special cream with a high degree of protection.
Baths and saunas
Also, after shugaring can not visit the bath or sauna. Visiting such places, taking a hot bath or shower are prohibited activities in the first 24 hours.
High temperature affects the skin with open pores - it can turn red and inflamed.
Pool and water treatments
It is also not recommended to visit the pool immediately after shugaring - in this public place there is a risk of catching an infection. Microbes and bacteria that get into the open mouth of the follicles can cause various rashes, itching and the appearance of purulent acne.
Many cosmetologists agree that ordinary water is an irritant for disturbed skin.therefore, it is not recommended to wet the epilated areas for the first two or three hours (if the epilation is done in the evening, it is better to transfer water procedures to the morning).
Moisture penetrating into open pores can cause irritation of sensitive skin in the intimate area and in other areas after shugaring.
Condition after sugar epilation
Those who doubt whether to choose the sugar method of hair removal, you can already compare the condition of arms, legs, deep bikini areas and other skin areas before and after the shugaring procedure after the first session.
Especially a lot of questions causes sugar hair removal of the intimate area. If the hair removal of intimate areas with the help of a machine can accompany itching and burning, then after using sugar paste, the discomfort disappears.
Of course, to achieve maximum comfort, you must use the appropriate cosmetics before and after shugaring.
Skin condition after sugar hair removal
However, excessive sensitivity of the skin or errors made during the procedure can cause unwanted effects.
Treated areas may turn red, become inflamed, or begin to peel off. For the first time after shugaring, the appearance of small red dots in the places of pulling out hairs is not excluded.
This is especially true for underarms and bikini area - places with the most rigid hair. This is a normal skin reaction to experienced stress. Such redness is not an allergic rash or other side effect.
As a rule, the red dots disappear after shugaringwhen the skin is “calmed down” - in 1-2 days.
Hair growth rate after the procedure
The growth rate of hair after shugaring depends on the treated area.
Experts note that vegetation reappears most quickly in the armpits - after 7 days it becomes noticeable, as hair appears and begins to grow.
In the intimate zone, this process begins on average in two weeks.
Hands and legs after sugar hair removal remain smooth longer - from 3 to 4 weeks. The hair begins to grow more slowly, after the first procedure it becomes much thinner and lighter.
Hair ingrowth after the procedure
Despite the fact that fans of the sugar method are less susceptible to hair ingrowth, this problem may arise.
The problem of hair ingrowth after shugaring does not depend directly on this type of epilation and can occur regardless of the type of procedure - it is almost like a disease, and you need to know the rules of skin care, because ingrown hairs in the bikini or other areas can cause pustules and acne.
Possible problems after shugaring
Perfectly smooth skin is not the only result of Persian epilation. Sugar technique, like any other method of hair removal has its own side effects, but with the proper execution of the procedure, they are insignificant and do not bring discomfort.
During the procedure, the hair follicles are damaged, so reddening after shugaring, small specks, pimples, tightness or peeling of the skin is a normal reaction that goes away after a few hours (in rare cases when the skin is very sensitive, it can last up to three days).
Redness and rash
Redness and rash most often occur after the first procedure shugaring - the skin is not yet adapted to stress, with each subsequent session, the side effects will become less and less pronounced.
There are four main causes of irritation, inflammation, rash, and other unpleasant effects of sugar hair removal:
- Features of health.
- Errors in the use of sugar mass.
- Non-compliance with hygiene rules.
- Multiple treatment of one zone.
Individual features of the skin and the condition of the body can lead to adverse effects. Dry skin may cause irritation or peeling, so the skin should be moistened the day before the proposed epilation procedure.
If after shugaring skin peels off, treat it with a nourishing or moisturizing cream as often as possible (at least five times a day).
Weak immunity can provoke a rash. As a rule, these rashes are associated with the resulting skin stress and are herpetic in nature. They are quickly eliminated provided they are regularly treated with antiseptic preparations.
Pustules and white acne
Some people have a tendency to appear purulent rashes and white acne after shugaring procedure, including in the bikini area. Signs of furunculosis may appear on the epilated areas, even if all the rules of the procedure were followed.
Abdominal abscesses in the bikini area or in other areas must be treated with salicylic or boric acid every three hours. If pimples appear, antiseptic ointments or solutions also help to get rid of inflammatory processes (this problem occurs most often in the bikini area).
Bruising after shugaring is another possible problem. Slight bruising can occur even with proper execution of the procedure. Most often, they appear due to blood vessels that are located close to the skin surface of the skin.
Another case, why after the procedure there were bruises - mistakes in the work of the master: if the paste breaks in the wrong direction or slowly, with uncertain movements, it can not but injure the skin.
If bruises appear, it is necessary to apply ice or a cold compress to the problem area immediately after the procedure is completed.A good effect is given by special ointments, the absorbing effect of which normalizes the work of the vessels (for example, you can use Heparin ointment or Rescuer).
They should be applied with massage movements after a cold compress, which should be held for at least 5-7 minutes.
Pigmented spots after shugaring may occur due to non-compliance with the rules of post-epilation care.
The reason for the pigmentation is exposure of weakened skin to ultraviolet rays, so in the first 24 hours open exposed areas need to be lubricated with a protective cream if you decide to leave home on a sunny day.
If red spots after shugaring could not be avoided, use special depigmenting masks and creams.
Itching after shugaring in a bikini or other area is a rare phenomenon. If the procedure is performed qualitatively, there is no discomfort after it.
The main reason for which itchy feet or other areas of the skin after shugaring is an allergic reaction to any component of the sugar paste. Antihistamines will help eliminate itching and burning.
Pain sensation after the procedure
Persian hair removal is considered the least painful procedure of all methods of hair removal, but the complete absence of pain here is not observed. To reduce pain after shugaring, with each removal of sugar paste, you should touch the disturbed place with your hand - this will immediately stop the pain.
The most palpable is pain in sensitive areas - axilla and deep bikini. If after the procedure armpits or other parts of the body hurt, attach a cold to the problem areas.
It is categorically impossible to use cold compresses until the end of the procedure, as they tighten the pores, and this hinders the rapid and effective hair removal.
A side effect that is not familiar to women who prefer sugar hair removal is skin burn after shugaring. When properly used, the temperature of the cosmetic is identical with the temperature of the body, so it is impossible to burn them.
However, you need to be careful - self-cooked caramel should cool to barely warm temperature, otherwise serious burns can not be avoided. The degree of cooling of the sugar paste is checked by applying its droplets to the skin - the sensations should be comfortable.
Due to the absence of burns, many people choose the Persian method of hair removal, despite some subtleties of the procedure and possible negative consequences.
Treatment after the procedure
To experience all the delights of sugar hair removal, you need to know how to care after shugaring for a deep bikini area and other treated areas, because sensitive skin needs proper care after this stressful procedure.
Post-epilation measures include two components:
- treatment of disturbed areas to prevent their infection,
- skin repair.
The following are tips from experts on how to care for your skin after shugging bikini and other epilated places:
- Upon completion of the procedure, the skin should be treated with bactericidal preparations (for example, Miramistin or Chlorhexidine). This role can be performed by a lotion that has a calming and disinfecting effect.
- If there are signs of irritation on the epilated skin, itching or severe redness, you should turn to antiseptic ointments (for example, you can remove the irritation with Solkoseril or Lifeguard).
- Eliminate the problem of peeling and excessive dryness, reduce nourishing creams on the basis of panthenol or other regenerating substances to reduce skin irritation in the bikini area, on the face and in other areas. One of the most high-quality products that have gained considerable popularity is Gloria cream.
- A prerequisite for the restoration of the areas after hair removal is regular use of moisturizers - at least three times a day.
Among the abundance of home care products, you should pay attention to a special gel that is ideal for sensitive areas - bikini and underarm skin.
As a rule, this tool has a complex effect on the skin: not only eliminates redness and irritation, but also cools the epilated areas, relieving itching and burning.
In addition to creams, gels and lotions, a good restorative effect is given by essential oils and some traditional skin care products after shugaring:
- If irritation appears after shugaring, you can use infusions made from the bark of oak, chamomile, calendula, sage. They have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. They should wipe the skin once a day. In addition, a decoction of chamomile perfectly moisturizes the skin.
- To heal wounds and moisturize the skin, you can use the essential oil of eucalyptus or tea tree. For the preparation of healing cosmetic products is recommended to mix a few drops of essential oil with sea buckthorn.
- Irritation and inflammation after shugaring is good to remove with aloe or kalanchoe juice. It can be squeezed out of the leaf and smeared with problem liquid with healing liquid. You can also cut a leaf into several parts and wipe damaged skin with it.
Peeling after shugaring is a great tool for skin renewal. In addition to purchased cosmetic products, you can prepare a scrub at home. Exfoliating dead cells, it not only helps the speedy recovery of damaged skin, but also prevents the ingrowth of hairs.
After hair removal, the scrub is used no earlier than in 3-5 days. In the future, the scrub should be applied on pro-epilated areas once a week.
There are many varieties of similar cosmetic products, but the best scrub for the skin after shugaring a bikini site or any other zones is a means with pronounced moisturizing and nourishing properties.
- How is bikini hair removal performed at home? After our instructions, your skin will become silky and radiant!
- We offer to your attention the instructions for the adoption of flaxseed oil for weight loss. Proven methods. The article is here.
Aftershave shugaring procedure
If you decide to switch to shugaring after shaving, you should wait until the hair grows at least 5 mm. It usually takes from 7 to 12 days. Many salon masters advise beginners to grow hair up to 1 cm.
Using a razor makes the hair stiff and inflexible, so sugar paste will be hard to grab and pull out from the root without breaking it.
On the debut procedure of Persian hair removal, it is better to come to a specialist - he will do his job efficiently and quickly, leaving you with perfect smooth skin and no unpleasant consequences.
Each subsequent session will be easier and faster: the skin is already adapted to the resulting stress, and the hairs after shugaring will gradually lighten and become thinner.
What to do with hair between treatments
Sugar technique does not apply to the emergency method of hair removal - for the event to go smoothly, you need to grow hair to a certain length, and after shugaring the hair does not grow very quickly.
Between two procedures of sugar hair removal on average takes one and a half to two months: for 3-4 weeks the skin will be perfectly smooth, and the remaining time the hairs will grow.
For someone, it delivers certain inconveniences and how it is necessary to remove the hair between sessions of sugar hair removal.
You can go for a little trick: remove hair so that their regrowth captures the menstruation period.This will relieve some of the inconvenience, because during critical days, rarely anyone goes to the beach or has intimate intimacy.
Using a razor after sugar hair removal is not the best solution. After shugaring hair grows smaller, and a razor will accelerate this process. The hairs will grow back faster and become stiff again, and the appearance of stubble, hemp, prickly legs and other places with hard hair after shugaring are new difficulties in removing vegetation.
It is better not to shave, but to suffer until the hair is light and fluffy - then they will not be so noticeable on the skin, and to remove sugar paste enough to grow by 3-4 mm.
It happens that during the session some hairs break off, they will grow faster and will not lose their rigidity against the background of the rest of the vegetation. If hair remains after shugaring or individual hair begins to grow faster, it is better to remove it with tweezers.
Transition to other methods of hair removal
As a rule, once having tried a sugar technique, many people want to leave it the only way to get rid of vegetation. This is the perfect balance between price and quality. But if you want to experiment further, you can choose any type of hair removal after shugaring: laser, wax, photo-epilation.
However, remember that since the last procedure, the hair removal should take at least a month until the disturbed skin completely returns to normal. Any type of hair removal is a stress for the skin and an exercise that requires special preparation.
The Persian method has many subtleties and secrets. In order for sugar hair removal to be successful, you need to know the features of preparation for the event and skin care after shugaring, as well as masterly the technology of epilation.
Familiarity with possible complications after the sugar technique and ways to eliminate them will help to quickly master this difficult, but very effective method.